In the Itential Automation Platform (IAP) Active Jobs interface, you can see and manage active jobs, unassigned tasks and watched jobs. Only active, running jobs and their tasks are displayed.
Active Jobs View
This is the main page view.
|1||Category tabs||Show tasks for the relevant task category.|
|2||Job list||List of current tasks for active jobs which the user is authorized to work. Click row to see details.|
|3||Release Task||Release a claimed task.|
|4||Claim Task||Claim a running manual task.|
|5||View Details||Open job details view.|
|6||Watch/Unwatch Job||Click to watch/unwatch an active job. Solid star indicates a watched job.|
The table below defines each task category.
|All Active||Current tasks for all active, running jobs.|
|Unassigned Tasks||Unassigned tasks in currently active jobs.|
|Watched Jobs||Current tasks for all active, running jobs that the user is watching.|
Manage Tasks in Active Jobs
To manage tasks in active jobs:
- Open the Active Jobs interface either from the home page or the IAP navigation bar.
- The All Active tab, open by default, lists all active jobs.
- You can open the job details in one of two ways:
- Click the job itself in the table.
- Click the Job Details button in the Actions column.
- In the Job Details view (see image below) you can:
- Pause a job by clicking PAUSE JOB.
- Cancel a job by clicking CANCEL JOB.
- Work a currently running, manual task by clicking WORK TASK. What this means is that there is a manual task waiting for user input. When you "work" the task, a dialog window will appear with whatever information, forms, or buttons require manual input.
- View task history by clicking the task itself in the table or the Task History button .
- See a visualization of the workflow by clicking the Visualize tab in the title bar.
- Click the "Auto-Work Tasks" checkbox to avoid having to manually click any "WORK TASK" buttons on the screen. Every single time the job has a manual task, if you have the "Auto-Work Tasks" checkbox checked, then the manual task is "worked" automatically for you.
- Click the Close button in the title bar to return to the Active Jobs list.
Troubleshooting Hints for Keyboard Navigation
When using Firefox on a Mac computer, keyboard navigation in the Pronghorn (Itential) navigation bar at the top may have unexpected results. Tabbing from left to right, the browser may skip the links for Home and Active Jobs due to local OS and browser settings.
If you experience this issue, use the following steps:
Open Launchpad on your Mac computer.
Go to System Preferences.
Click the Shortcuts tab.
Check the All Controls radio button (bottom of Shortcuts pane). Close the pane.
Open your Firefox browser.
Type "about:config" in the URL bar.
Right click in the window.
Create a new integer preference.
Set the preference to 7.