A job is a running instance of a workflow and can be associated with groups of users. From the IAP Job Manager application, you can view and manage all active, completed and cancelled jobs.
Access Job Manager
To access Job Manager:
- Go to the Operation section (left navbar) of the IAP home page.
- Click Job Manager to display the application dashboard.
Figure 1: Access Job Manager
Job Manager UI
This section of the guide explains the user interface (UI) and the various user actions that can be performed in Job Manager.
Figure 2: Job Manager UI
|1||Category tabs||Display views for the relevant job category (active, completed, canceled).|
|2||Job list||Shows running (active), completed, and cancelled jobs.|
|3||Visualize job||View a job, related tasks, and task states.|
|4||Pause job||Pause a running job.|
|5||Cancel job||Cancel a running job.|
|6||Download Metrics||Download all available job metrics in a tarball.|
The Active Jobs tab will open by default on the Job Manager UI and display all the jobs currently running. From this view, you can:
- Click the Pause button in the Actions column to temporarily stop a job, or you can use the Cancel button to immediately end a job.
- Use the Visualize button to display workflow details for the job.
- Click the Expand Child Jobs button to display (or collapse) child jobs.
Figure 3: Expand (Collapse) Child Jobs
As mentioned earlier, the Visualize button in the Actions column of the Job Manager UI will display job details and a visual workflow for the active job. You can also display job details by clicking the job name from the Active Jobs tab.
Figure 4: Job Details
From the Details tab, you can:
- Pause a job by clicking PAUSE. This button only appears when the job is currently running.
- Cancel a job by clicking CANCEL JOB.
- Click WORK TASK to work a currently running, manual task. A manual task requires user input. When you work a task, a dialog window will appear with various information, forms, or buttons that require manual input.
- View task history by clicking the task in the table or the Task History button.
- Select the Auto-Work Tasks checkbox to avoid having to manually click any WORK TASK buttons on the screen. Every time the job has a manual task, if Auto-Work Tasks is checked, the manual tasks are worked (i.e. executed) automatically.
- Click the Close button in the title bar to return to the Active Jobs list.
- Click the Visualize tab in the title bar to view the job workflow.
Figure 5: Visualize Job Workflow