A job is a running instance of a workflow and can be associated with groups of users. In the Itential Automation Platform (IAP) Job Manager, an Administrator can view and manage all active, completed and cancelled jobs.
|1||Category tabs||Show jobs for the relevant job category.|
|2||Job list||Show running (active), completed, and cancelled jobs.|
|3||Visualize job||View a job, related tasks, and task states.|
|4||Pause job||Pause a running job.|
|5||Cancel job||Cancel a running job.|
|6||Download Metrics||Download all available job metrics in a tarball.|
Open the Job Manager interface from the home page or the Applications menu.
- The Active Jobs tab will open by default. A list of all currently running jobs are displayed.
Click the Pause button in the Actions column to pause a job.
Click the Cancel button in the Actions column to cancel a job.
Click the Visualize Job button in the Actions column to open a visualization of the workflow.
- From this view you can also toggle to the Job Details view.
Select the desired job in the table to open the Job Details view from the Active Jobs tab.
In the Job Details view:
- Pause a job by clicking PAUSE JOB.
- Cancel a job by clicking CANCEL JOB.
- Work a currently running, manual task by clicking WORK TASK. What this means is that there is a manual task waiting for user input. When you "work" the task, a dialog window will appear with whatever information, forms, or buttons require manual input.
- View task history by clicking the task itself in the table or the Task History button .
- See a visualization of the workflow by clicking the Visualize tab in the title bar.
- Click the "Auto-Work Tasks" checkbox to avoid having to manually click any "WORK TASK" buttons on the screen. Every single time the job has a manual task, if you have the "Auto-Work Tasks" checkbox checked, then the manual task is "worked" automatically for you (see third item under step 6 above).
Click the Close button in the title bar to return to the Active Jobs list.