In the Itential Automation Platform (IAP) Active Jobs interface, you can see and manage active jobs, unassigned tasks and watched jobs. Only active, running jobs and their tasks are displayed.
|1||Category tabs||Show tasks for the relevant task category.|
|2||Job list||List of current tasks for active jobs which the user is authorized to work. Click row to see details.|
|3||Release Task||Release a claimed task.|
|4||Claim Task||Claim a running manual task.|
|5||View Details||Open job details view.|
|6||Watch/Unwatch Job||Click to watch/unwatch an active job. Solid star indicates a watched job|
|All Active||Current tasks for all active, running jobs.|
|Unassigned Tasks||Unassigned tasks in currently active jobs.|
|Watched Jobs||Current tasks for all active, running jobs that the user is watching.|
Manage Tasks in Active Jobs
- Open the Active Jobs interface either from the home page or the IAP navigation bar.
- The All Active tab, open by default, lists all active jobs.
- You can open the job details in one of two ways:
- Click the job itself in the table.
- Click the Job Details button in the Actions column.
- In the Job Details view (see image below) you can:
- Pause a job by clicking PAUSE JOB.
- Cancel a job by clicking CANCEL JOB.
- Work a currently running, manual task by clicking WORK TASK. What this means is that there is a manual task waiting for user input. When you "work" the task, a dialog window will appear with whatever information, forms, or buttons require manual input.
- View task history by clicking the task itself in the table or the Task History button .
- See a visualization of the workflow by clicking the Visualize tab in the title bar.
- Click the "Auto-Work Tasks" checkbox to avoid having to manually click any "WORK TASK" buttons on the screen. Every single time the job has a manual task, if you have the "Auto-Work Tasks" checkbox checked, then the manual task is "worked" automatically for you.
- Click the Close button in the title bar to return to the Active Jobs list.